The BSO Box Office
We sell tickets for most of our concerts and events through our in-house BSO Box Office.
You can reach us on 01202 669925 or email@example.com during opening hours on Monday-Friday 9.30am-5pm. Online booking is available at any time.
Please note that in-person booking through the BSO Box Office is only available in some venues and only on concert nights from 1hr before the concert, but advance in-person booking is available from all our venue box offices.
The Booking Process
For most of our concerts and events, you can book tickets directly from the BSO in the ways described above.
In our main concert venues, you are also able to purchase tickets directly from the venue, but the venue’s allocation of seats may be smaller than the choice of seats on sale through the BSO Box Office.
Some concerts and activities are not sold/bookable directly through us. If you click on a “Book now” button of an event that is not sold by us, a notification will pop-up explaining that you are about the leave the BSO website. Please note that we are unable to help with ticketing issues arising from bookings for events that we do not sell tickets for.
To help with our increased processing costs, tickets purchased through the BSO Box Office will incur a small booking fee which may be either a 4% commission or a specific amount per ticket. This will show in the ticket prices listed on the events. You can choose to have your tickets emailed to you at no extra cost, or have them posted for an additional fee of £2.
When booking with an external venue, various booking fees and levies will be applicable.
The following concessions are available for most in-person tickets for full symphonic concerts sold through the BSO Box Office. Only one concession can be applied per ticket.
- Kids for a Quid: U18s pay £1 for main season concerts in our main venues. U14s need to be accompanied by a paying adult. This offer is not available for BSO Pops concerts, for which a 50% discount for children applies.
- Students: 50% discount on full ticket price. Valid ID required. Student standby tickets for £5 are also available in person on concert nights from 1hr before the start of the concert.
- Customers on Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, Personal Independence Payment: 50% discount on full ticket price. Proof may be required.
- Wheelchair users and Personal Assistants: Special ticket prices apply depending on venue. Please contact the BSO Box Office for more information.
- Other Personal Assistants: 50% discount on full ticket price
- Please note that some of our symphonic concerts, such as our Outdoor Proms, may have different concession rates.
Multibuy discounts (“Subscriptions”)
Multibuy discounts range from 5%-30% and are available for the majority of full symphonic concerts sold through the BSO Box Office. They are applicable for buying as few as three concerts, and apply for series as well as BSO Pops concerts and across venues. Accumulative discounts also apply – so if you prefer to book concerts one by one, you will receive discounts on your new bookings based on your previous purchases in the same season through the BSO Box Office (discounts will not apply retrospectively on purchases already made). Discounts will apply automatically when you put enough tickets in your basket. Multibuy discounts are only available on full price tickets.
For more information, view our pdf venue brochures online or contact our box office.
The following group discounts are available for most in-person tickets for full symphonic concerts sold through the BSO Box Office:
- 10-19 tickets bought for the same concert: 10% discount on full ticket price
- 20-29 tickets bought for the same concert: 20% discount on full ticket price
- 30+ tickets bought for the same concert: 30% discount on full ticket price
Please note that some of our symphonic concerts, such as our Outdoor Proms, may have different group rates.
We want to encourage as many young people as possible to experience the excitement of hearing a live symphony orchestra, so we offer Kids for a Quid for school groups for our main season concerts wherever possible, with one free teacher ticket and any additional accompanying adults receiving a 50% discount on full price tickets.
These tickets are subject to availability and may not be available for every season concert. The offer does not usually apply to BSO Pops, but we will always try and come to a special arrangement for schools, so please email or call our box office with any enquiries.
Priority Booking is available for most concerts sold through the BSO Box Office to Members of the BSO Membership Scheme and BSO Patrons. Find out more about how to become a Member or Patron, supporting our great work as an arts charity both in and beyond the Concert Hall at the same time.
Like any other business, occasionally we may offer special ticket deals to particular customer groups and for a limited time. These are subject to availability and not applicable in retrospect.
Gift vouchers for any amount can be purchased here and can be used against any ticket or membership purchase made through the BSO Box Office.
If you have an enquiry about access, policies, food and drink or anything else to do with one of our concert venues, please visit the relevant venue website.