Salary: £32,684.17Applications are now open for suitably qualified candidates for the position of Tutti Cello. You will need to submit a recording with your application form: details below.
This is a full time, contract position, with a salary of £32,684.17
Based in Poole, Dorset, the BSO perform extensively across the south and south-west of England, nationally and internationally, and deliver an extensive range of education and community work, through its award-winning Participate department.
The Orchestra’s Principal Conductor is Kirill Karabits; Leader Amyn Merchant.
In addition to your application form, you need to submit an internet link of audio/visual footage of your playing – see First Round Requirements, below. This must be recorded as if “live”, that is a single take, with no edits. This should all be recorded without piano accompaniment.
- Our digital department have suggested that the best way for people to send large videos is via WeTransfer. We can then download them and share them with our musicians.
- You can also upload it onto Google Drive and include a link in the email that you send to us. To do this, simply upload your video onto Google Drive. Once uploaded, right click on the video you want to send and select the option ‘get link’. A dialogue box will appear, make sure you select ‘anyone with a link’ and ‘viewer’. Then simply copy the link into the application form/email.
- You can also upload your video onto YouTube as an ‘Unlisted’ video as opposed to a ‘Public’ video. This will allow you to share that link with us.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 24 November 2022
Following the closing date, the panel will listen all the recordings (audio only, thanks to the wizardry of our digital team) and successful applicants will be offered a live unaccompanied audition in Poole / Bournemouth early in the new year.
First round audition requirements (audio visual recording with application form):
- 1st movement (exposition and development) of Haydn C major or D major concerto (without accompaniment)
- excerpts x 3
Second round audition requirements (live auditions early in 2023):
- 1st movement of Haydn C major or D major concerto (without cadenza)
- 1st movement of a major concerto (without cadenza)
- Excerpts: to be sent to all candidates invited to a live audition
- sight-reading may be given
Please email your completed application form to Emma Fisher: