Venue Details: Lighthouse
- Handel : Messiah
- Conductor : Nicholas McGegan
- Soloist: Gillian Ramm (Soprano)
- Soloist: Christopher Ainslie (Counter tenor)
- Soloist: Benjamin Hulett (Tenor), Jacques Imbrailo (Baritone)
- Soloist: Bournemouth Symphony Chorus
Following just 24 days of swift composition in 1741, the premiere of Handel's Messiah was so oversubscribed that gentlemen were requested to remove their swords and ladies asked not to wear hoops in their dresses to allow as many people as possible to attend. Since then, the work has become a firm favourite with audiences around the world with the Hallelujah chorus especially loved.
Join the BSO, Bournemouth Symphony Chorus and four fabulous soloists and immerse yourself in the Christmas spirit.