Concerts on 13-02-2013
- classic film scores old and new including
- Rota : Romeo & Juliet
- Jarre : Lawrence of Arabia
- Zimmer : Gladiator
- Badelt : Pirates of the Caribbean
- Giacchino : Star Trek
- Giacchino : Up! - Married Life
- Barry : Out of Africa
- Zimmer : The Last Samurai
- Williams : Schindler's List
- Dun : Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Horner : Avatar
- Conductor : Pete Harrison
Join the BSO for the best of big screen film scores from the last 50 years. We're rolling out the red carpet to bring together a gargantuan feast of symphonic glitz and glamour! Featuring music from Gladiator, Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, Schindler's List and countless other big-screen adventures, feel the incredible force of a full symphony orchestra bringing the movies to life.
- Bartók : For Children (excerpts)
- Schubert : Sonata in G Op.78
- Larcher : Poems (excerpts)
- Brahms : Intermezzi Op.117
- Brahms : Paganini Variations Book 1
- Soloist: Lars Vogt
Celebrity Piano Recital
"One of the most extraordinary musicians of any age group that I have had the fortune to be associated with" - Sir Simon Rattle
Lars Vogt has rapidly established himself as one of the leading pianists of his generation. Born in the German town of Düren in 1970, he first came to public attention in his prize-winning performance at the 1990 Leeds International Piano Competition. He has since gone on to give major concerto and recital performances throughout Europe, Asia, Australia and North and South America.
Vogt will be exhibiting his dazzling skills in a hugely varied programme full of playfulness, wit, poignancy and luminosity that showcases virtuosity throughout.
To sample what awaits, click here to watch Lars Vogt performing Schubert's Sonata in G at the Verbier Festival last year.
"Soloist Lars Vogt has a big-boned quality that gave the heroic moments a properly Olympian assurance, and a starry immensity to the reflective ones, even when the actual sound came close to disappearing." - The Telegraph